In an effort to keep our members updated on current events at MAPS, look here for the latest Front Page News.
- Photo outing to a private garden in LaGrange – Tuesday, August 12. Join MAPS for an outing to a private garden located at a home in LaGrange. On Tuesday, August 12, we will host a group of 12 members at this garden. Registration will be on a first-come basis. To read more, please visit our Photo Outings Page.
- Photo outing to Ball Horticultural – August 9, 2014. Join MAPS for another special outing to the beautiful gardens at Ball Horticulture Company Ball Horticultural in West Chicago on Saturday, August 9th. Ball Horticulture Company has been one of the world’s leaders in the research, breeding and marketing of ornamental flowers for over 75 years. To read more, please visit our Photo Outings Page.
- Our annual MAPS Potluck Picnic will be held on Saturday, July 26th. Our picnic will take place at Meadow Lake at The Morton Arboretum from 4:30-sunset. To read more and to sign up for lots of fun please visit our Social Events page.
- MAPS members will be exhibiting images at the Bloomingdale Art Museum: “Images of Nature” will open on June 28th and run through Aug 2nd at the Bloomingdale Art Museum, 108 S. Bloomingdale Rd., Bloomingdale. The museum consists of two galleries; MAPS will exhibit in one gallery, and NAGS (the Morton Arboretum’s Nature Artists Guild) will exhibit in the other. To read more, please visit our Exhibits Page.
- August 11 Program – Alan Cox will discuss his thoughts on the most important issues in capturing images, and then detail the treatment of them in post processing. He will also demonstrate a sight he has devised, to greatly assist in capturing birds in flight. Alan is the current competition chair and past president of the Schaumburg Area Photographic Society. He is a member of the Photographic Society of America and is the current Vice Chair of the local chapter.
Remember to visit our Calendar page often for details on future events. And if you have any comments or feedback on the MAPS website, please feel free to email us at: email@example.com