In an effort to keep our members updated on current events at MAPS, look here for the latest Front Page News.
- “Wonders of Nature” – A MAPS Spring Exhibit at the Wasco Nursery and Garden Center in St. Charles – April 2 – May 4, 2015. The MAPS exhibit, “Wonders of Nature” opened on April 2nd at the Wasco Nursery and Garden Center in St. Charles. The exhibit includes 28 framed images representing the work of 25 MAPS members, as well as a selection of bin art. This Saturday, April 18th, the Wasco Nursery will host a “Meet the Artists” Reception from 4-6pm at the nursery. Stop by and see what your fellow MAPS members have been photographing! For additional information, visit the Exhibits page.
- The 4th Annual MAPS Nature Photography Exhibit – May 2-3, 2015 All MAPS members are invited to attend the 4th Annual Nature Photography Exhibit in the Sycamore Room at the Arboretum on Saturday, May 2nd and Sunday, May 3rd, from 10am-4pm. We will be exhibiting 161 framed images representing the work of 65 MAPS members. Bin and donated art will also be for sale, and an array of fantastic raffle items will be given away. The Artists’ Reception will take place on Friday, May 1st, from 5-8pm in the Sycamore Room. The reception is free for everyone and all MAPS members and their friends and family are invited to attend. Exhibitor information can be found on the Exhibits page.
- Monday, May 11, 2015 – Photo outing at Reed-Turner Woodland Nature Preserve, Long Grove. Join MAPS as we explore and photograph the ephemeral wildflowers and birds at the Reed-Turner Woodland Nature Preserve on Monday, May 11 from 8:00-11:00am. Located near Long Grove Village, the trails at Reed-Turner run along a moraine through oak and hickory woodland and an open burr oak savanna. The trail crosses Indian Creek and runs along a deep natural ravine corridor. This location is known for birding and has a blind on the edge of Reed Pond from which to photograph and observe birds and waterfowl. Visit our Photo Outings Page to learn more.
- Thursday, May 7, 2015 – Photo outing at Cantigny Park, Wheaton. Join MAPS to photograph the beautiful tulips and all the spring plantings at Cantigny Park from 2:00-4:00 pm. Take advantage of the afternoon light to capture the beauty of spring blooms in this wonderful setting. Visit our Photo Outings Page to learn more.
- April 25, 2015 – Photo outing at The Morton Arboretum. Change of date to Sunday, April 26th Join MAPS for a photo outing at The Morton Arboretum. Spring has arrived, so it’s time to get out and capture images of the daffodils, Virginia Bluebells, and all the other spring ephemerals we can find. Visit our Photo Outings Page to learn more.
- Planning a trip for 2015? Visit “Destinations” under “Images” from the menu above. Each entry includes not just beautiful images but information about the locale as well. Locations added in 2014 were the Palouse in Washington from Ron Basinger, three from Chuck Hunnicutt: Paris, France, and Sabino Canyon and Saguaro National Park in Arizona, and two from Tim O’Brien: Whistler, British Columbia and the wetlands of Kansas.
Remember to visit our Calendar page often for details on future events. And if you have any comments or feedback on the MAPS website, please feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org