Welcome to the The Morton Arboretum Photographic Society. We are a photographic society whose focus is nature as inspired by the mission of The Morton Arboretum.
Meetings are held on the second Monday of each month (excepting holidays), in the Morton Arboretum’s Thornhill Education Center – The Arbor Room. Meetings start at 7:00 p.m., and guests are always welcome. See the Programs section for information on presentations by Morton Arboretum photography instructors, guest photographers and other professionals in fields related to horticulture, wildlife and other areas. Prior to the monthly program, MAPS features an expanded social hour “Show & Tell” starting at 6 pm.
Please review the MAPS Bylaws here: MAPS Bylaws
Please take the time to view our MAPS brochure for more information on our photo society.
Join MAPS to share your passion for nature photography with like-minded individuals. Membership in MAPS is open to everyone who is interested in nature photography. Our membership includes beginning as well as advanced photographers. Membership benefits include:
- Monthly Programs – In fields related to horticulture, wildlife and other areas, held at the Thornhill Education Center at The Morton Arboretum.
- Show and Tell – Prior to our monthly programs, members share their knowledge, abilities, talents, skills or photographic endeavors with other members in a casual setting.
- Photo Outings – At locations throughout the Chicagoland area, and occasionally beyond.
- Non-competitive photo critiques at some monthly meetings.
- Annual Photo Exhibit – Held at The Morton Arboretum, as well as outside exhibits at various locations.
- Workshops – Various topics related to photography such as post-processing and printing.
- Video Interest Group – For members who want to learn more about videography.
- Social Events – Such as our annual Holiday Party.
To become a member of MAPS, please download the Membership Form. Print and fill it out, and either mail it in or bring it in to our next meeting. Feel free to contact our Membership Chair if you have any questions: email@example.com.
Please click our Org Chart to view all current board members, committee chairs and co-chair functions and responsibilities.
Any member with suggestions or questions, or who wishes to volunteer for a committee is encouraged to contact a board member or committee chairperson. Please visit this list for email contacts: 2017 Board Officers and Committee Chairs.
MAPS board meetings are normally held the fourth Monday of every month at 5:30 pm at the Thornhill Education Center – Arbor Room. All members of MAPS are welcome to attend board meetings, but please check the calendar to confirm date and time.
Photo Submission Guidelines
To submit images for display on the MAPS website, please refer to the MAPS Photo Submit Guidelines.