Educating our members is one of our top priorities. We are always working to provide educational opportunities for all MAPS members. There are many sources where photography can be learned – seminars, classes, Internet, etc.
Below are a few of our favorites:
- The Morton Arboretum offers a variety of photography, art and nature classes. Through these classes, many of us started our photographic journey with instructors such as Will Clay, Ken Thompson, and others. http://www.mortonarb.org/learn-experience/adult-programs
- MAPS Workshops is member-to-member education. A variety of topics are offered, such as Lightroom, focus stacking, exhibition preparation, etc. Visit our Workshop page to sign-up for upcoming events. https://mortonarboretumphotographicsociety.com/photo-workshops/
- MAPS Photo Outings is member led field trips to a variety of locations that offer photographic opportunities. These outings also offer the opportunity to learn from other members. https://mortonarboretumphotographicsociety.com/photo-outings/
- Don’t forget to check out the rest of the MAPS website for details on our monthly Programs, Show & Tell, etc., where you can learn from professional photographers and other advanced members. https://mortonarboretumphotographicsociety.com
- Also, Will Clay, mentioned above, periodically hosts classes. To be added to his mailing list, send him a note at email@example.com.
Other external sources:
- ProCam is a photographic store in Aurora, IL that offers a variety of classes and workshops, some of which are free. http://procam.com/
- The College of DuPage offers photography classes and a photography certificate program. http://www.cod.edu/
- Lynda.com is an on-line training company with an excellent selection of photography courses. Lynda.com is normally a subscription service, but many of the local libraries (such as Lisle, Downers Grove & Naperville) and colleges (such as COD) have an agreement that makes Lynda.com content available to it’s members at no charge. http://www.lynda.com/