Educating our members is one of our top priorities. We are always working to provide educational opportunities for all MAPS members. There are many sources where photography can be learned – seminars, classes, Internet, etc.
Below are a few of our favorites:
- The Morton Arboretum offers a variety of photography, art and nature classes. Through these classes, many of us started our photographic journey with instructors such as Will Clay, Ken Thompson, and others.
- MAPS Photo Workshops is member-to-member education. A variety of topics are offered, such as Lightroom, focus stacking, exhibition preparation, etc. Visit our Workshop page to sign-up for upcoming events.
- MAPS Photo Outings is member led field trips to a variety of locations that offer photographic opportunities. These outings also offer the opportunity to learn from other members.
- Don’t forget to check out the rest of the MAPS website for details on our Monthly Programs, Show & Tell, etc., where you can learn from professional photographers and other advanced members.
Other external sources:
- ProCam is a photographic store in Aurora, IL that offers a variety of classes and workshops, some of which are free.
- College of DuPage offers photography classes and a photography certificate program.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) is an on-line training company with an excellent selection of photography courses. LinkedIn Learning is normally a subscription service, but many of the local libraries (such as Lisle, Downers Grove & Naperville) and colleges (such as COD) have an agreement that makes LinkedIn Learning content available to it’s members at no charge.