This is the Fort Point Lighthouse located underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. The photograph was shot from a 3rd floor opening looking West in the afternoon. The Lightouse is nine sided and made out of iron. This is the third and last of the Lighthouses built at Fort Point. Construction of the original Lighthouse started in 1852 and was completed in 1853. The Lighthouse had a bell but no fog horn.The Lighthouse has a 70 pound weight used to turn a 5th order lens. The weight needed to be wound every 2.5 hours.