MAPS offers free workshops in an effort to expand our members educational opportunities. These workshops are presented by MAPS members who are generously donating their time and expertise. All MAPS members in good standing can sign up for any of these workshops.
- You don’t need to be an expert to present at a workshop, just have a willingness to share some knowledge. If you are interested in doing so, please contact Bob Duke.
- We make various handouts/notes from the workshops available to all MAPS members.
Infrared (IR) Photography Workshop Series
This workshop will be different than past workshops due to COVID-19. Please read through the material below before you sign up, as we are asking for a certain level of commitment from all attendees for this first workshop series.
We are planning a workshop series on infrared (IR) photography led by Chuck Hunnicutt and Hart Kannegiesser.
We are planning on the following sessions on these dates:
- Oct 06 Preparation via Zoom
- Nov 07 Field Trip in person (masks, distancing, etc. required)
- Nov 10 Post Processing via Zoom
- Possible 4th session to review best work via Zoom
We are limiting the attendance to 10 MAPS members. If this works out, we will repeat it in the future.
Due to the limited attendance, it’s important that everyone that enrolls be serious about infrared photography. You will be expected to:
- Attend all of the sessions, including the field trip.
- Be flexible in case dates change.
- Thoroughly review all handouts provided prior to the preparation session.
- Have a modified camera ready for the field trip date above ($$).
- Have any additional bits & pieces (filters, etc.) ready for the field trip date above ($$).
- Create a custom profile for your modified camera (instructions during preparation session).
- Use Lightroom and Photoshop for image editing, preferably the most current subscription version. Other image editors can be used, but you are on your own!
Please sign up here if you believe you can meet these expectations.
Our handouts are posted in the MAPS IR Notes directory of our handouts/notes collection.
Please contact Bob Duke (email@example.com) if there are questions or cancellations.